[Mne_analysis] [Freesurfer] watershed problem

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:31:49 EDT 2014

Hi Ana,

This email is probably best directed at the MNE list (cced), since you are
using an MNE command: mne_watershed_bem (even though it calls FS). To
answer your question. The first step would be to try playing with the
options in mne_watershed_bem (particularly    --atlas
specify the --atlas option for mri_watershed
     --gcaatlas              use the subcortical atlas
     --preflood number       change the preflood height)

It will be a challenge to get this to work. I also recommend talking to
your MRI people about how noisy the data is. (even on a 12 ch. coil I would
expect less noise in my images, if there is nothing they can do I would
recommend collecting a second MPRAGE: for averaging). The other thing to
consider is collecting MEFLASH data to calculate your BEM (these data
provide much higher quality bem surfaces).

HTH

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Anastasia Klimovich-Smith <ak798 at cam.ac.uk