[Mne_analysis] Problem including reference electrode in info['chs'][.]['loc']

Marijn van Vliet w.m.vanvliet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:32:28 EST 2015

Dear Emily,

the `set_eeg_reference` and `add_reference_channels` are functions that transform the EEG data. They allow you to specify different referencing schemes, which is useful for sensor level analysis. They also set the `custom_ref_applied` flag in the info structure to explicitly override the average reference projector. Since you are doing source localisation and therefore want the average reference, don’t use these functions, they don’t do what you wanted them to do.

Let’s move on to your problem:

I was always wondering why `eeg_loc` was a 3x2 matrix… thank you for tracking it down. I think many of our data import routines only set the first row of `eeg_loc`; this should be fixed. However, where in `_bem_specify_els` does it loop over the `eeg_loc` matrix exactly? I can’t find it...

regards,
Marijn.
--
Marijn van Vliet