[Mne_analysis] Error running make_forward_solution: Head<-->sensor transform not found

Emily Stephen emilyps14 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:07:05 EST 2015

Hi All,

I'm getting an error when I run mne.make_forward_solution, but only if I
try to save the result.

That is, if I set fname=None then the whole thing runs fine, but if I set
fname=<filename>, it fails in the call to write_forward_solution with the
error:
Head<-->sensor transform not found

Seems like write_forward_solution is expecting values in info under
dev_head_t or ctf_head_t, which never got set.

I think it may be related to the fact that I'm loading (just EEG) data from
a brainvision file using mne.io.read_raw_brainvision.

I've been struggling to figure out how to include the digitizer information
in the preprocessed data. My digitizer info is in a .fif file that
otherwise doesn't contain any measurement data (I can't even figure out how
to load it using the python MNE). So far the only thing I've done with that
file is to use it to update the channel locations with a call to the C
implementation:
    call(['mne_check_eeg_locations',
          '--file', fname,
          '--dig', op.join(subjects_dir,subject,subject + '.fif'),
          '--fix'])

I'm new to all of this (including python) so any help would be much
appreciated! I've attached the code (apologies for the mess).

Thanks,
Emily