[Mne_analysis] What do people use for fMRI/MRI processing?

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Mon Nov 23 11:46:20 EST 2015

> Actually less so, speaking for people I know. You don't need fMRI to
> source localize MEG.

You generally DO need a structural MRI, for calculation of the inner
skull surface used in generating theoretical magnetic fields. Without
an MRI you can only approximate the shape of the brain using a sphere.
Multisphere or Nolte is typically used given a real brain shape. AFNI's
3dSkullStrip is fine for generating the surfaces.

--
Dr. Tom