[Mne_analysis] Mne_analyze SNR estimate

Cushing, Cody CCUSHING1 at mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 6 10:18:50 EDT 2015

Hi all,

This is likely a naive question, but I couldn't find much help for myself either in the manual or browsing the mne_analysis archives.  So, if I understand correctly, in mne_analyze, the SNR estimate display window shows what the data is expected to be with the red line and then shows the mismatch between the actual data and expected data with the green line (so the high amplitude difference between the green and red lines is bad yes?).  Fairly unanimously, all of my subjects start off with both lines hugging each other pretty tight, but on some of my participants, the green line rises pretty sharply towards the end of the epoch.  My trial length is relatively long, but nothing absurd (about 1s).  My question is, what factors go in to computing this mismatch?  Is it something in the computation of the noise covariance matrix or the inverse solution that I can tweak parameters on to try and improve the apparent mismatch?  Or does this just represent subjects that aren't able to stay still and end up fidgeting or blinking or something towards the end of the trial?  Thanks for any help, and I am of course happy to supply any further info that would help answer my question.

Cheers,
Cody Cushing