[Mne_analysis] Advice on morphing

Natalie Klein neklein at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 8 09:09:37 EDT 2015

Hello,

I want to use a group-level fMRI map (in fsaverage space) as an fMRI prior
for MNE source localization. I also want to define labels from the fMRI map
that can be used for all subjects.

Previously, I created source spaces for all subjects in each one's
individual anatomical space. I could not find any tools that allow me to
morph these source spaces to fsaverage before doing forward/inverse
solution - it seems most morphing procedures are designed to be applied
after the inverse solution. So it seems my options are:

1. Use the individual source spaces for the forward solution. Morph the
fMRI prior to each subject's individual space to do the inverse solutions.
Define labels on group fMRI map and then morph labels to each individual
space for analysis (or tediously draw labels on each morphed fMRI prior
map).

or

2. Redo the source spaces: morph all subjects to fsaverage space with
mne_setup_source_space and perform forward/inverse solution and all
remaining analysis in fsaverage space.

Any advice or opinions on the best way to proceed? Option 2 seems best as
there is less morphing overall, but I would appreciate input/advice.

Thank you,

Natalie