[Mne_analysis] Strange field maps with mne.make_field_map function

Bushra Riaz bushrariaz_86 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 26 06:17:37 EDT 2015

Hello
I am using mne.make_field_map function to plot fields on head surface in python and extrapolate fields to head surface option in MNE-C, both showed same strange results for my data.
You can find some figures at following link to see the results

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x9fygyt853ipdia/AACdETxmNBQ8ahSHDTsbucQRa?dl=0

 I hope somebody could explain it.
The butterfly plot of evoked data for visual stimuli is in figure 1, topographical map at 110 ms is in figure 2, the field maps on helmet is in figure 3 and the field maps on head surface is in figure 4. I don’t understand the strong field on top of the skull surface in figure 4, which is no where seen in fields on helmet or on topographical map.

Kind regards
Bushra Riaz