[Mne_analysis] volume source space

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at telecom-paristech.fr
Tue Apr 12 09:06:06 EDT 2016

hi,

> I am interested in reconstructing volume source spaces as opposed to
> surface source spaces. So, I was running the tutorial below.
> http://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/inverse/plot_lcmv_beamformer_volume.html
>
> Moreover, I would like to eventually run my own inversion algorithm
> (Based on Fokas work).

great initiative :)

> Can you kindly help me with the following questions:
> a) I need to have the volume coordinates of the points used by the
> MNE-built in inversion routines.

see

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/blob/master/mne/source_estimate.py#L2620

> b)  The coordinates of the sensors after all the necessary
> transformations and corrections.

you'll need to have a look at the forward code and how we handle the
trans files.

I think that just using the forward solution at first is the easiest.

> c) I would like to also display the neuronal current after it has been
> reconstructed.

the example you point out uses nilearn to make nice 3d slices.

you can also save a nifti file and use your favorite interactive
viewer (freeview, fslview etc.)

> I do not use dipoles. I assume that the current is a continous function.
> However, for the sake of displaying it, I can sample the current at the
> volume source points for example in the LMCV routine.

yes that's the way

let us know if you have more questions.