[Mne_analysis] Filtering with EpochsArray

JR KING jeanremi.king at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 08:43:09 EDT 2016

Hi Emanuela,

We recommend not applying filter on epoched data, as the epochs edges
generate important artifacts. Instead, you can apply filters on the raw
data using raw.filter()

If you really want to apply in on epochs data, you can retrieve the data
array, and pass it to mne.filter functions: e.g.

epochs_data = epochs.get_data()
low, high = 10., 30.
epochs_data_filt = mne.filter.band_pass_filter(epochs_data,
epochs.info['sfreq'],
low, high)
epochs_filt = mne.EpochsArray(epochs_data_filt, epochs.info)

Hope that helps,

Best,

Jean-Rémi