[Mne_analysis] Questions about Epochs

Emanuela Liaci emanuela.liaci at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:27:31 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am trying to apply an apply ICA on my EEG data. In order to upload my
data (of which the format in not available in mne package) I used
EpochsArrray, by creating a 3d array with the suggested shape (n_epochs,
n_channels, n_times).

But after the creation of epochs, I noticed that the microvolts of my
original data change after creating epochs (by running EpochsArray). Here
below an example:

*Script:*
# 3d array created by me with shape: n_epochs, n_channels, n_times

print "data point from my array", 3dArray[0][0][0]
# here I want to print a data point from my 3d array

montage=mne.channels.read_montage('easycap-M1')
info = mne.create_info(channel_names,500,ch_types=channel_types,
montage=montage)
picks = mne.pick_types(info, meg=False, eeg=True, misc=False)

# I create my epochs
epochs= mne.EpochsArray(3dArray, info=info, tmin=0,baseline = (0, 0.04))

print "data point from the created epochs", epochs.get_data()[0][0][0]
# here I want to print a data point from the created epochs

*Output:*
> data point from my array 55.592026
>data point from the created epochs -1.37142819048

Is that normal? I strongly fear I am missing some steps.

Many thanks,
Emanuela Liaci