[Mne_analysis] events lost in epoching ?

Denis A. Engemann denis.engemann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:16:13 EST 2016

Note. You can compute all latencies solely based on the events array using the differences between the values in the first column, after transforming to time via sampling frequency.
Then there is 'epoch.selection' which gives you the indices of the epochs selected with respect to the original epochs. So you can easily map your eeg trials to external information. I am on my phone now, so I cannot give you a nice example unfortunately.

> On 06 Jan 2016, at 14:08, Boris BURLE <boris.burle at univ-amu.fr> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> On 06/01/2016 13:47, Denis-Alexander Engemann wrote:
>> In other words, `epochs.events` is only regarding the events that you
>> epoched on in chronological order.
>> What you describe is thus consistent with the API design.
>
> I understand, but that severely limits the manipulation one can do on
> the epochs. As said in my previous mail, There is no way to get, for
> example, the Reaction Times of those epochs: they need to be computed
> and store somewhere else... But this is the kind of information one very
> usually use to manipulate data.
>
>> This being said, we have discussed for some time already adding an API
>> for annotations to support describing events that are inside the time
>> window of interest used for epoching.
>
> I would find such a feature extremely useful !! If I can
> help/contribute, I would be happy to !

Cool we already have an open issue for that on github.