[Mne_analysis] Automatic artifact rejection on continuous data

JR KING jeanremi.king at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:30:57 EDT 2016

Hi Nico,

To reject chunks of continuous data, the best is probably to first chop it
into small segments, which comes down to creating adjacent events/epoch and
apply your favorite rejection threshold, i.e.

chunk_size = 1000
chunk_starts = np.arange(0, raw.n_times, chunk_size)
events = np.c_[chunk_starts, np.zeros((len(chunk_starts), 2))].astype(int)
epochs = mne.Epochs(raw, events, dict(chunk=0), tmin=0, tmax=chunk_size *
raw.info['sfreq'], reject=dict(mag=5e-12))

Don't forget to check out the artefact correction tutorial:
http://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_tutorials/plot_artifacts_detection.htm

the gallery examples:
http://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/preprocessing/plot_find_eog_artifacts.html
http://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/preprocessing/plot_find_ecg_artifacts.html