[Mne_analysis] identifying insensitive sensor time series for rejection

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:55:36 EDT 2016

> is there a function/s to test whether a section of the averaged deviant
> time series from one channel (MEG1621 from 10oms to 200ms) is significantly
> greater than zero? The data is baseline corrected, so I presume against
> zero would be the correct comparison.

Can you take a look at the statistics examples and tutorials on the website
to see if any of them cover your use case? If not, we should probably add
one.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that subtracting one average() from
> another results in the average of the two rather than one minus the other.
> For example: dev_ave - stand_ave = (dev_ave - stand_ave)/2. I’m not sure if
> this is intentional, or an error in the code for average()?

This has come up multiple times before, so we are actually planning to
change this behavior in the next MNE-Python release (0.13):

https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/pull/3400

For now, you can use `mne.combine_evoked` (with weights=[1, -1]) to get the
plain subtraction you want.

Eric