[Mne_analysis] Maxwell Filter and Projections

dgw dgwakeman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:47:34 EDT 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 1:39 PM, Sam Zorowitz <szorowi1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Absolutely. The short of it is that we were running into some issues with
> the Maxwell filter function, such that the SVD will not converge for certain
> buffers if there is an abundance of noise. As such, we were performing epoch
> rejections on the raw to determine time periods with high amounts of noise;
> removing these time periods from the raw; and passing the resulting raw
> object to Maxwell filter.

Sam, the easier way to do this, would be to find windows of noise, and feed
those to the call to maxfilter (using -skip, or the mne-python equivalent).

Honestly, there might be a much bigger issue lurking somewhere... Your
data shouldn't have noise that causes maxfilter not to work (we have an
incredible shielded room, and I don't think you should ever have noise issues
that maxfilter can't handle.

hth