[Mne_analysis] Maxwell Filter and Projections

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:47:19 EDT 2016

> The short of it is that we were running into some issues with the Maxwell
> filter function, such that the SVD will not converge for certain buffers if
> there is an abundance of noise.

I have observed seen this "failure to converge" problem with SVD before.
Are you running Anaconda? If so, could you look here, see if you can
reproduce the error with the .npy file from the post, and also do the `cat
/proc/cpuinfo` step? It will help isolate the problem, and keep attention
on it:

https://github.com/ContinuumIO/anaconda-issues/issues/695

If you're not on Anaconda, I'm curious what Python setup you're using.

Such "high noise" segments really shouldn't be a problem for SVD. If the
Anaconda folks don't fix the issue, we're going to try to put a workaround
solution in upstream scipy:

https://github.com/scipy/scipy/pull/5994#issuecomment-200341678

Eric