[Mne_analysis] high pass filtering

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:40:16 EDT 2016

There has been quite a bit of discussion about high-pasing lately. Have you
looked at the filtering tutorial in MNE-Python?

https://mne-tools.github.io/stable/auto_tutorials/plot_background_filtering.html

You might in particular be interested in the pitfalls related to
high-passing:

https://mne-tools.github.io/stable/auto_tutorials/plot_background_filtering.html#some-pitfalls-of-filtering

Recent publications suggest that the appropriate choice of high-pass
involves choosing tradeoffs based on the expected signal and noise
characteristics of your recording, so unfortunately I don't know of a
single best answer.

Eric