[Mne_analysis] Trans file without digitized data

Florian Aspart florian.aspart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 04:03:54 EDT 2016

Hi all,

first of all, thank you for developing MNE-python. I really like using it!

I am trying to apply source reconstruction on EEG data but I have neither
subject specific MRI nor digitized point for the EEG montage.

I'm aware that without these data the source reconstruction will have
little value but I would like to go for a rough guess using the provided
fsaverage template for the MRI and standard 1020 montage with 64 electrodes.

The problem is I don't know how to get the Trans file since I have no
digitized montage.
How should I get the digitized points? Is there a way to create standard
digitized montage? In this case, which value should I use?
Or do you know of any "template" of digitized point for a standard 1020
montage with 64 electrodes I could use?

I did not perform the experiment by myself, so digitizing a new participant
with that montage would not be an option, or at least not in the near
future.

This question was already asked on this mailing list a couple of month ago,
but no clear solution was provided.
https://mail.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pipermail/mne_analysis/2016-June/003414.html

Thanks,
Florian