[Mne_analysis] howto convert ICA components to SSP projection operators.

Dan McCloy drmccloy at uw.edu
Wed Aug 16 13:39:59 EDT 2017

Luke,
I've created projectors "by hand" like this (caveat: my intent was just to
plot topomaps, not to actually apply the projector):

desc = '4Hz_artifact_ICA'
data = dict(data=my_component, nrow=1, ncol=len(my_component),
            row_names=desc, col_names=epochs.ch_names)
projector = mne.io.Projection(data=data, active=False, kind=1,
                              desc=desc, explained_var=None)
epochs.add_proj(projector)

I've never used it with ICA (only with DSS) but I think in principle it
could work the same way?
-- dan

Daniel McCloy
http://dan.mccloy.info/
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences
University of Washington