[Mne_analysis] reading eeg part of eeg-fMRI data

Sammi Chekroud sammi.r.chekroud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 04:35:11 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to read in some EEG data collected from an eeg-fMRI task and
having a couple of problems.

Firstly, we're acquiring data using Curry 8. I've converted the native .cdt
data into .cnt using their software, and it outputs a file_path.cnt and
file_path.cnt.dpa file together. Events are contained in the .cnt file
though as you can read this data into EEGlab without a problem and it
detects triggers.

I'm trying to read it into MNE and I get the following error:

File "/home/sammirc/mne-python/mne/io/cnt/cnt.py", line 231 in _get_cnt_info
fid.seet(event_offset)

IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid Argument

not sure what this means? Is it not detecting events in the data, so
getting an error? The events are definitely there as two other people also
checking this data have been able to read it into matlab.

I wondered if it could be because of the montage in use (easycap-M1) when
it could be inaccurate. I got the montage file (both .mnt and .xml) and
tried to create a montage ( mne.channels.read_montage ) but this also
doesnt work as neither format is supported...

Any help on this would be pretty great as we're trying to check data
quality of a new system.

Cheers,
Sammi