[Mne_analysis] temporal decoding: group analysis for mixed design

Phillip Alday phillip.alday at mpi.nl
Tue Dec 19 06:24:03 EST 2017

Answering both proposals with the same word: Maybe.

'Non-parametric' doesn't mean 'without assumption' (not even 'without
distributional assumption') -- the assumptions just tend to be quite
different. Even the bootstrap has assumptions. You have to check whether
those assumptions conflict with the inherent boundedness of performance
scores. It's the boundedness of the scores that's the core of the problem.

There are several parametric tests that could model scores bounded on
[0,1] -- binomial GLMs, and perhaps even the usual t-test if the
variable is transformed appropriately (e.g. (x - 0.5) * 2 to move the
score to [-1, 1], followed by the Fisher transformation), converting AUC
to d', etc.

Phillip