[Mne_analysis] problem in _check_reference // inverse module

pascarel at dima.unige.it pascarel at dima.unige.it
Thu Dec 21 04:30:16 EST 2017

Dear MNE users,

I want to perform source reconstruction on MEG data and
I have this error

*** ValueError: EEG average reference is mandatory for inverse
modeling, use set_eeg_reference method. ***

Looking at the code, I think the problem is in the _check_reference function
of inverse.py module. This function calls _needs_eeg_average_ref_proj that
picks the eeg channels.

In my data eeg_sel contains 'ECG', 'VEOG', 'HEOG', thus

(len(eeg_sel) > 0

This implies that I need to set a reference, but since the average
reference throws an exception I got another error

*** ValueError: Custom EEG reference is not allowed for inverse modeling.***

I think the problem is that these channels have not to be assumed as
eeg channels.

Best,
Annalisa

--
Dott. Annalisa Pascarella
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo "M. Picone"