[Mne_analysis] calculating phase locking values on MNE source estimate within labels- using mne.minimum_norm.source_induced_power

David Leitman davidileitman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 04:58:07 EST 2017

Hi all and happy holidays:

 I am trying to render a a time- frequency map containing phase locking values (0-1) from label files containing SVD’s of  MNE source estimate timeseries. I began with the example:

https://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/time_frequency/plot_source_label_time_frequency.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-time-frequency-plot-source-label-time-frequency-py <https://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/time_frequency/plot_source_label_time_frequency.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-time-frequency-plot-source-label-time-frequency-py>

which gives ITC for evoked plus induced and induced alone using  mne.minimum_norm.source_induced_power. my questions are the following parameters:
If I choose  baseline =None  and baseline_mode=None, will I get PLV values of 0-1 across all the epoch where the locking is relative to stimulus onset (i.e. at time zero).

2) zero_mean   when should this be used? are all wavelets not zero-meaned by default?
3)  the parameter prepare: When calling a saved inverse operator file at the beginning of a script like the example as in my caee executing the full inverse_operator = read_inverse_operator(inv_fname)
src = inverse_operator['src’]  initially  and then looping thought the labels. Can setting the Prepare’= True be done and will it save time?

thanks in advance

david