[Mne_analysis] mne.write_evokeds(fname, evoked)

Megan Schendel mschendel at mrn.org
Wed Feb 22 17:19:33 EST 2017

Hi all,
I'm wondering if there's a way to keep my labeling for different evokeds
when I use the write_evokeds module.

If I open the ave.fif file in Neuromag's xplotter tool, I just see a list
like
(1) date and time> Unknown>average
(2)date and time >Unknown>average

When we had done this before in matlab, we edited the structure field for
"comment," like so:
descriptor.evoked.comment = cond_descr{'a meaningful label'}

FYI, I have my evokeds built in a conditions list loop, where the actual
evokeds are stored as keys in a dictionary.
Something like this:

for condition in conditions:
    epochs[str(condition) + '_epochs'] = mne.Epochs(params...)
    evoked[str(condition) + '_evoked']= epochs[str(condition) +
'_epochs'].average()
    evoked_list.append(evoked[str(condition) + '_evoked'])

mne.write_evokeds(fname_evoked, evoked_list)

Thanks!
Megan

MEG Technician
The Mind Research Network