[Mne_analysis] plotting whitened raw data

Matti Hamalainen msh at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Sat Jan 14 03:38:39 EST 2017

If you instead of the usual MNE whitening

y’ = lambda^(-1)U^t y

do

y’’ = U lambda^(-1)U^t y

the y’’ data have their original spatial meaning and the values are SNRs or “z scores”.  Since the whitened data are sphered, they can be rotated in any way. Maybe there is even another more interesting rotation than U.

- Matti