[Mne_analysis] Hilbert Transform for Time Frequency Analysis

Alday, Phillip Phillip.Alday at mpi.nl
Tue Jul 4 13:19:45 EDT 2017

The Raw class has a method "apply_hilbert()" that you can use, but
you'll have to take care of bandpassing, iterating, etc. to get it the
way you want it, something along the lines of the CSP example in the
documentation (http://martinos.org/mne/dev/auto_examples/decoding/plot_
decoding_csp_timefreq.html#sphx-glr-auto-examples-decoding-plot-
decoding-csp-timefreq-py). The only "difficult" part is if you want the
phase instead of the envelope/amplitude, in which case you'll have to
do the phase transform yourself. (Maybe it's worthwhile to add a phase
option to the method?)

But done appropriately, you get the same answers with Hilbert, Fourier
or wavelets (Bruns, J Neuroscience Methods 2004).

Phillip