[Mne_analysis] events info on single trial time-frequency epochs

Claire Braboszcz claire at guakamole.org
Thu Mar 2 15:44:53 EST 2017

Hello,

I want to create single trials time-frequency epochs to later perform time-frequency decoding.
I am wondering what is the correct way for creating my epochs.  I have EEG data with 4 types of events.
I have been using this code :

tfr = tfr_morlet(epochs,freqs=freqs, n_cycles=n_cycles, use_fft= True, return_itc= False, decim=decim, average= False)

But as far as I understood the EpochsTfr object that is returned by tfr_morlet() does not contain information about the  events, is it right?

Is it better then to create an EpochsTfr object for each of my 4 conditions  using :

tfr_cond_n = tfr_morlet(epochs[cond_n],freqs=freqs, n_cycles=n_cycles, use_fft= True, return_itc= False, decim=decim, average= False)

and then create vectors coding for each trials in each condition - or is there a way to transfer the events information from the original epoch data to the time-frequency data?

I then want to use:

gat.fit(tfr_epochs, y=tfr_epochs_events)

Thanks,
Claire