[Mne_analysis] Averaging together stc files from multiple subjects

Sheraz Khan, PhD sheraz at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 8 08:46:54 EST 2017

Hi Lyam,

You can simply add common space MORPHED stc files by

stc = stc_a + stc_b

If you want to do something more fancy and know what you are doing

stc = stc_a.copy()

stc._data = stc_a._data + stc_b._data

Sheraz

> Dear MNE users,
>

> I'm running source localisation (using lcmv beamformer) on a number of
> subjects. So far I have generated source estimates in the form of a .stc
> file for each individual subject, and then morphed these to a common
> cortical surface. I can visualise each of these individually, using brain
> = stc.plot. Is it possible to create a 'group average' source estimate,
> from the individual .stc files, for visualisation purposes?
>

> Regards
>
> Lyam

-------------------------
Sheraz Khan, M.Eng, Ph.D.
Instructor in Neurology

Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School

McGovern Institute for Brain Research
Massachusetts Institute of Technology