[Mne_analysis] preprocessing/ICA: movement artifacts vs blinks

Daniel McCloy drmccloy at uw.edu
Wed Mar 15 21:10:08 EDT 2017

Thanks all, for the suggestions.  Annotations seemed like the right way to go, since I know the block start/end times already.  [Jaakko, I can report that annotations are working for me (both adding programmatically via `raw.annotations = mne.Annotations(...)` and also interactively.]  After annotating the between-block times as "bad-between-blocks", `ica.plot_components` looks good: 3 components that make sense for my experiment, and one on the forehead/face (the blinks).  Unfortunately neither `find_eog_events` nor `create_eog_epochs` seems to respect annotations (yet?).  So although I can ignore the between-blocks times when fitting the ICA, it doesn't seem to help with the next step of `ica.find_bads_eog`.  Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding something about this process; otherwise I'll report back after I've had a chance to try some of the other suggestions.