[Mne_analysis] Question about the orientation of source estimate

daisy smartcandies at 163.com
Sat May 13 11:20:51 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a question about the source orientation. When I use mne.lcmv to do the source localization and extract the time course within a label, the result time course has both positive and negative values if I choose ‘normal’ orientation. What does the sign mean? And how can I average the time course across subjects when their sign is quite different even for the same anatomical labels.

Could anyone give some suggestions?

Thank you so much!

-Best,

Xiaoxu