[Mne_analysis] troubles with mne.io.read_raw_brainvision

Stefania Ficarella sf.ang at libero.it
Wed May 24 06:10:10 EDT 2017

Hello,I am using mne.io.read_raw_brainvision to read bipolar EMG and EKG data saved as brainvision files (vhdr).
I have 4 channels: EMGleft,EMGright,EKG and STI 014 with the triggers.
However, when I import the data in MNE python, the first three channels are not correctly imported.They all look like a combination of EMG data, however they do not correspond to the original data, particularly even the third channel is not at all EKG. You can see attached to the email the images with a portion of imported data from the three channels.
Is it possible that the function is using a reference by default? I don't see this option in the function.This is how I am using the function:
emg = mne.io.read_raw_brainvision(emgFname,montage=None, misc='auto',scale=1.0,preload=True, verbose=True)        I don't get any error. But the data are not correctly imported.
Any ideas?

Many thanks,Stefania
Stefania Ficarella, Ph.D.Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives (LNC)Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)Aix-Marseille UniversitéSite Saint Charles3, Place Victor Hugo13331 Marseille (France)