[Mne_analysis] MNE source estimate analysis with multiple conditions

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed May 31 09:56:40 EDT 2017

> In all examples the sign flip is not data dependent.
>

>> Then do we need to worry about the signs when averaging across subjects?
>> Or do I misunderstand something?

Just want to add that, although the flip does not depend on the MEG data,
it does depend on the MRI data. Because the flip sign is arbitrary and
subject cortical geometries vary, the effective direction and sign can
change on a subject-by-subject basis. So one option is to morph all
subjects to the same space (e.g., to fsaverage ico-5) and do the sign
flipping on an identical source space. You lose some of the geometrical
accuracy of the sign flipping, but the alignment direction and sign
flipping should then be identical across subjects.

Eric