[Mne_analysis] Applying Inverse to Evoked vs Applying Inverse to Epochs and Averaging

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Fri Nov 3 12:28:48 EDT 2017

when you apply inverse operator to epochs you have more noise which
corresponds to the nave attribute in evoked (nave == number of
averaged epochs), which is 1 for single epochs.

also you have the SNR.

the consequence is that the regularization parameter is slightly
different when you apply the inverse to epochs or to evoked.

HTH
Alex