[Mne_analysis] info about plot_psd on eopched data

Davide - Impulse Davide at impulseresearch.be
Thu Nov 30 07:45:05 EST 2017

Dear all,

I am using the plot_psd function to plot the power for different frequency bands in different conditions. This works fine, but I wonder how the function extracts power information, exactly? I understand that it computes the power for each epoch and gives the average in the output. But does it use a short-time Fourier transform with overlapping segments? How does the function deal with the "edges issue"? Is there any specific documentation on this function that I can find online?

Thanks in advance,

Davide
---
Dr. Davide Rigoni