[Mne_analysis] About the units of the PSD

Brunner, Clemens (clemens.brunner@uni-graz.at) clemens.brunner at uni-graz.at
Wed Oct 4 02:56:18 EDT 2017

Alejandro,

you are right that the unit of the PSD is V**2/Hz (or uV**2/Hz in the case of EEG). If dB=True, the unit should be dB without anything else in parentheses. Since MNE uses scipy.signal.spectrogram, my guess is that the labels are wrong. The ASD has units of V/sqrt(Hz) because the ASD is the square root of the PSD, so if MNE is really calculating the ASD this should be documented or changed.

I've created a new issue: https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python/issues/4642

Clemens