[Mne_analysis] MNE processing (to get *stc file)

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 20:17:11 EDT 2017

> Overall, I have got the results which are not what I expected (the
> frequency and spatial response are different with the channel space).

With a loose (or free) orientation inverse, calling `apply_inverse_*`
without the default pick_ori=None argument will end up taking the absolute
value. This nonlinearity can change the frequency response, which would
otherwise be preserved by a linear transformation (which you would have
with the pick_ori="normal" and "vector" modes)..

As for the spatial distribution being different, you might want to use
`plot_alignment` to verify your sources, conductor model, and sensors are
properly aligned.

Eric