[Mne_analysis] EEG Source estimation without brain image

Christopher Bailey cjb at cfin.au.dk
Mon Oct 30 04:23:43 EDT 2017

Hi Hiroyasu,

Please post the precise commands used, and the exact error message(s). It does sound like Freesurfer is not in your (Unix) PATH, can you run `recon-all -help` on the command line (terminal)?

That said, the ‘default' subject is indeed only prepared for a single BEM-shell, MEG-only forward model. Although it would be possible to create a 3-layer BEM for EEG use, depending on your data (3D electrode coordinates exist?), exact application and source estimation method of choice, it may make little sense.

Have you considered creating a spherical (4-layer) head model instead?

https://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.make_sphere_model.html

This can be passed to

https://www.martinos.org/mne/stable/generated/mne.make_forward_solution.html

along with the source space and MRI-head transformation obtained using create_default_subject.

/Chris