[Mne_analysis] Problem installing mayavi

Dirk van Moorselaar dirkvanmoorselaar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 06:18:08 EDT 2017

Hello,

Yesterday I mailed that I had troubles using raw.plot (Subject: problem scrolling trough data using raw.plot). I realised that this might have had something todo with the way I installed mne. To install mne I followed the instructions on the website. I installed anaconda and then tried to execute the following lines.

$ conda install scipy matplotlib scikit-learn mayavi jupyter spyder
$ pip install PySurfer mne
However, installing mayavi resulted in the following error:

Fetching package metadata .............
Solving package specifications: .

UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be in conflict:
  - mayavi
  - navigator-updater
  - pywavelets

To circumvent this error I installed mne without installing Pysurfer and mne. I was wondering whether this could explain the problem I encountered with raw.plot.

Thanks,

Dirk