[Mne_analysis] Why does stc.save() save two .stc files?

Gladia Hotan gladiach at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:26:09 EDT 2017

Hi Alex,

Sorry to ask again, but I still can't figure it out. Each time I do
stc.save(), two files are saved: <fname>-lh.stc and <fname>-rh.stc. The
lh.stc file contains both lh_data and rh_data. The rh.stc file also
contains both lh_data and rh_data. I have verified that lh_data from the
lh.stc file is identical to lh_data from the rh.stc file. Similarly,
rh_data from the lh.stc file is identical to rh_data from the rh.stc file.
Therefore I am unsure why two files were created by the stc.save()
function.

Because I am morphing the data in the stc files, it would cut the
computation time in half if I could morph only one set of files (eg. just
the lh.stc files, which already contain both hemispheres' data). I'd like
to make sure that it's ok to morph just one set of stc files (lh.stc)- that
there's no extra information stored in the other set (rh.stc files).

Thanks and Best,
Gladia