[Mne_analysis] MNE toolbox v 0.15 and others

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:51:01 EDT 2017

> Specifically, I’ve been trying to use method fir_design=’firwin2’ but
> since this is only implemented in developmental version of MNE 0.15, I have
> to stick with method=’fir’.

fir_design='firwin' is the recommended design method in 0.15+. It generally
has better characteristics than the firwin2 version.

Is there any ETA on when the MNE 0.15 version is getting a stable release?

Within the next month, hopefully on the nearer end.

> Is there by any chance a way to install the MNE 0.15 developmental version
> on Windows in the meantime? I heard it is possible for other OS like Mac
> but I couldn’t figure out how it works for Windows.

The easiest way is:

pip install git+git://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git

​
This will install the latest `master`.

However, I noticed that it is (in comparison) very slow and sometimes
> unresponsive. Is this related to the computers I use or is this a known
> issue?

Try latest master and see if it's better -- I think we optimized it
sometime recently. If it's not, open issue on GitHub and we'll see if we
can speed it up. We're dependent on a specific plotting library for this
functionality, and it might not be possible to speed it up further -- but
we can give it a shot.

> For situations like these, it would be handy to have an indicator of the
> scale (see bottom right in this picture http://cognitrn.psych.indiana.
> edu/busey/temp/eeglabtutorial4.301/rejtut/rawpink1.gif for an example in
> EEGLab). Is this feature already there (and I just don’t see it) or is it
> something that is planned for future releases anyways?

I don't think anyone has brought it up yet. Feel free to open a GitHub
issue about this enhancement, it could indeed be useful.

Eric