[Mne_analysis] pySurfer installation failed

Christopher Bailey cjb at cfin.au.dk
Mon Sep 25 04:38:47 EDT 2017

Hi Vahab and Hector,

The problem has likely to do with the old version of Qt mayvi depends  on (as indicated by the SO answer linked to by Hector). I’ve seen this problem with the anaconda-navigator package before (depends on a more modern Qt). It seems you also have a problem with the package pywavelets.

On windows, the “full” Anaconda package installation is the only way I’ve got things working with reasonably consistent success (on macOS/Linux, miniconda works great, google it). Here’s what I recommend:

- download & install the latest Anaconda python 3.x -package
- leave the ‘root’ anaconda installation as-is, don’t install additional packages to it
- create a new python 2-environment using (in Anaconda Prompt in Windows)

conda create -n mne-python python=2 pip

- remember to activate mne-python (or whatever you decide to call it; source activate on *nix OS’s)
- then follow the installation guide on the mne-website

If you can give us feedback on whether the above works for you, I could write up a suggestion for an update of the website.

/Chris

P.S if you feel like giving it a shot, I’ve attached an environment definition I made some months back. It was used on a few Win10-laptops, and may work. Anyone trying this, please contact me directly for comments/input: no need to flood the mne mailing list.

conda env create -n mne-python -f mne-python-win10.yaml