[Mne_analysis] version help and non-eog/ecg ICA question

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Tue Sep 26 03:37:04 EDT 2017

Dear Megan,

remove all versions of mne-python on your system until

import mne

returns an ImportError.

Then just pip install it with:

pip install mne  # for 0.14

or

pit install git+https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python.git   # for current
dev version

HTH

Alex

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 1:44 AM, Megan Schendel <mschendel at mrn.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I seem to be stuck in an old version:
>
> print(mne.__version__)
> 0.11.0
>
> We have 14 installed and I know the location - how do I convince python
to import the correct version?

> I'm also having trouble using ICA.  I'm looking to remove an artifact
that isn't eog or ecg - is there a more generic version of ica.find_bads?

> ecg_inds, scores = ica.find_bads_ecg(ecg_epochs, method='ctps')
>
> I also tried UnsupervisedSpatialFilter, but I don't have access to it, it
seems, with my currently active version of the mne module?

> from mne.decoding import UnsupervisedSpatialFilter

> ImportError                               Traceback (most recent call
last)
> <ipython-input-8-88885470d391> in <module>()
> ----> 1 from mne.decoding import UnsupervisedSpatialFilter
>
> ImportError: cannot import name 'UnsupervisedSpatialFilter'
>

> Thank you for your help!
> Megan
> MEG Technician
> The Mind Research Network