[Mne_analysis] problem with plotting the positions of a selection of magnetometers

Rasha Hyder rasha.hyder12 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:55:20 EDT 2018

Many thanks Alex. When I added the head_pos to* plot_topomap* arguments
I've got attached figure_1 using:

*image, _ = plot_topomap(f_map, positions,  mask=mask,*
*                            head_pos=dict(center=(0., 0.), scale=(1.,
1.)),*
*                            axes=ax_topo,*
*                            cmap='Reds', vmin=np.min, vmax=np.max)*

however, when I used the info object instead of the positions returned from
*mne.channels.find_layout*, I've got correct positions of the sensors but
the topography map had all the same color even after using many values of
vmin & vmax (attached figure_2):

*image, _ = plot_topomap(f_map, my_evo.info <http://my_evo.info>,
mask=mask,*
*                            head_pos=dict(center=(0., 0.), scale=(1.,
1.)),*
*                            axes=ax_topo,*
*                            cmap='Reds', vmin=np.min, vmax=np.max)*

Any idea why I had this problem with the coloring of topography map? and
should I be worried that the positions returned from
*mne.channels.find_layout * are incorrect?

Rasha