[Mne_analysis] Fwd: Maxfilter error: ill conditioned matrix

Eric Larson larson.eric.d at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:22:27 EDT 2018

> 3 participants (for whom I get the maxfilter error) come out of the
> recording with a completely distorted head position for all or some runs
> (see pic).

The picture did not come through for me but I can imagine well enough a bad
head position :)

Do you have any idea of how that could have happend? Is there anything I
> could do to fix this?

Every once in a while I see a head position like this that doesn't make any
sense. Did you record continuous head position? If so, you could try
estimating the head position from the first few seconds, and swap this in
for the dev_head_t.

If you didn't have cHPI on, then there might be some way to do it (some
information is stored in the measurement info), but I haven't had to do it
/ thought about how. You could try contacting Elekta about it to see if
they have any other ideas/tips.

Eric