[Mne_analysis] [merge/add/replace events & save - not?]

Virginie van Wassenhove virginie.van.wassenhove at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:56:02 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,

long story short, why saving a raw/sss file to which I either added or
merged events do not actually preserve the new events?  (longer story below)

Thanks,
Virginie

Longer story:

My goal: mark the initial/final few samples of raw data (not just with
annotations but with my own new trigger) or replace existing triggers with
new ones. This is so I can crop again preprocessed data (sss post-reject
post-ICA raw) as I wish, after I concatenated runs to apply ICA.

I tried:
- using merge/add operations (all going fine detecting the events I want to
replace) but some events are systematically missing *after *I saved the
file and reload it;
- tried to catch missing triggers again and redo the same operations before
concatenation but the sss file is still not being saved with the
added/replaced events

What am I missing? Do you consider it no desirable to be able to rewrite a
preprocessed sss file with new events?
Thanks.

Virginie van Wassenhove
*https://brainthemind.com/ <https://brainthemind.com/>*