[Mne_analysis] What is an Epoch in MNE and Wavelet transformation

Badar Almarri badar.almarri at uconn.edu
Tue Aug 14 20:09:06 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have three questions:

1- In order to apply Wavelet transformations, do we apply it on the whole
signal t=0...n, where n is the number of seconds in a recording? Or we do
something similar to STFT, where we window the signals (with some overlap),
and apply Fourier transformation on each epoch (epoch here makes sense to
me).

2- What statistical or non-statistical features that we should extract from
Wavelet coefficients (cA and cD)?

3- Does MNE Epochs does "windowing", or it does something else. I couldn't
get that from what it says in the documentation.

The problem I'm working on is Emotion (baseline + many seconds) using EEG.
So the signal for each trial (e.g. watching a video) is (n_channel,
seconds*sampling frequency).

Thanks,
Badar Almarri
Graduate Student