[Mne_analysis] MPRAGE vs multi-echo FLASH

Mikołaj Magnuski mmagnuski at swps.edu.pl
Sat Dec 29 13:20:44 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some references and advice on differences between MPRAGE
and multi-echo FLASH MRI sequences. My understanding is that both are
useful for EEG source reconstruction because FLASH is better at
reconstructing skull boundaries and MPRANGE is better at reconstructing the
cortex, but I couldn't find any particular info on that, so please correct
me if I'm wrong.

And a follow-up question: I undrestand that it is best to have both MPRANGE
and FLASH images, but if one had to pick just one which would be better
overall for EEG source reconstruction?

thanks,
Mikołaj Magnuski