[Mne_analysis] MNE method is invariant to the scale of noise

Alexandre Gramfort alexandre.gramfort at inria.fr
Wed Feb 14 15:15:10 EST 2018

if you change noise scaling you should change the SNR as it means you have
a lot worse SNR. the regularization parameter lambda is a function of the
snr
as you can see in the script.

dSPM and sLORETA are like t-stat or f-stat. So if you multiply the cov by
1e6
then you will have dSPM and sLORETA solutions which are just divided by 1e3
(the scale of the standard deviation).

HTH
Alex