[Mne_analysis] Discrete Source Space source localization

Luke Bloy luke.bloy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:52:22 EST 2018

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience using discrete source spaces for source
localization?

What I am trying to do is to fit auditory data by placing anatomically
defined sources in left and right auditory cortex. The issue I'm having is
that the time courses aren't matching up with time courses generated using
a similar approach in BESA.

More concerning, the time courses don't match what I get if I do a full
cortical sheet source localization and extract the time courses from a
functional label. See attached plot.

I have double checked and the anatomical location (red dot) for the
discrete sources space is right in the middle of the functional label
(green dots).

Does anyone see something obviously wrong with the attached approach? Am I
wrong for expecting better agreement between the results?

Thanks,
Luke