[Mne_analysis] Event-related EEG power

JR KING jeanremi.king at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 17:25:54 EST 2018

Dear Mat,

check out our time frequency tutorial in sensor space:
https://mne-tools.github.io/stable/auto_tutorials/plot_sensors_time_frequency.html

In addition,
 tfr_morlet
<https://mne-tools.github.io/stable/generated/mne.time_frequency.tfr_morlet.html#mne.time_frequency.tfr_morlet>
and psd_multitaper
<https://mne-tools.github.io/stable/generated/mne.time_frequency.psd_multitaper.html#mne.time_frequency.psd_multitaper>
apply a time frequency decomposition on Epochs data or Evoked data (i.e.
epochs.average().

To get evoked power, just do tfr_morlet(evoked)
To get induced power, just to the subtraction between
tfr_morlet(epochs) and tfr_morlet(evoked)

Time frequency decomposition methods (wavelets, multitaper, etc) are
generally highly converging. I don't think there is a clear consensus
on whether one should be favored for your particular case.

Hope that helps,

Jean-Rémi