[Mne_analysis] how to use viz.plot_alignment() on SEEG data?

Eisenman, Lawrence leisenman at wustl.edu
Wed Jan 17 18:08:55 EST 2018

Hi all,

Using the ECOG tutorial (https://martinos.org/mne/stable/auto_examples/visualization/plot_3d_to_2d.html) as a starting point, I'm trying to import some SEEG data. I can get the EEG data loaded and create a DigMontage, but I am unable to view/confirm electrode location. Viz.plot_alignment does not seem to work with SEEG data. Am I missing something?

As an alternative, I tried a kludge with PySurfer.

>> from surfer import Brain
>> %gui qt
>>
>> brain = Brain(subject_id, "lh", "pial", subjects_dir=subjects_dir, cortex='ivory', alpha=0.6)
>> coords = [[seeg.x[i], seeg.y[i], seeg.z[i]] for i in range(len(seeg))]
>> brain.add_foci(coords, color='red', scale_factor=0.2)
>> brain.show_view('lateral')

If this results in positions that look correct, does that imply that the electrode positions are probably correct?

Thanks for your help.

Larry